Merton College MS. 327
Former shelfmark: O. 3. 10
Founder's statues for the College of St Gregory and St Martin, Wye, Kent, 14 Jan. 1447, followed by the ordination of Nicholas Wryght as warden. 'Dono dedit collegio Mertonensi clarissimus uir Iohannes Buddenus in facultate iuris Regius professor in academia Oxon. 17 April. 1613. Ita testor Thomas Frenche notarius publicus Uniuersitatis Oxon. registrarius.'
In 1947 Merton College presented the book to Wye College. In return Wye College presented Merton in 1952 with a bound set of photostats of the original, bearing the same shelfmark.
Powicke, no. 1257; G. C. Brodrick, Memorials of Merton College (OHS, 1885), p. 222; W. Dugdale, Monasticon Anglicanum, ed. J. Caley, H. Ellis and B. Bandinel, 6 vols in 8 (London, 1817-30), VI (3), pp. 1430-2.
Provenance and Acquisition
Photostats donated by Wye College in 1952.
For enquiries relating to this manuscript please contact Merton College Library.
Funding of Cataloguing
Conversion of the printed catalogue to TEI funded by the Warden and Scholars of Merton College.