A catalogue of Western manuscripts at the Bodleian Libraries and selected Oxford colleges

Merton College 73. e. 6

Contents

Language(s): Latin

Physical Description

Form: codex
Support: Parchment
Extent: Two fragments of one leaf

Layout

2 cols of 43 lines.

History

Origin: s. xiv ; French

Provenance and Acquisition

Bound in 73. e. 6 (Stephanus Atheniensis, &c., Venice 1554, &c., belonged to Theodore Gulston; given by his widow in 1635).

One leaf in Queen’s Coll., MS 389, f. 192, four in ‘60. d. 23’ (A. Pighius, &c., Cologne 1551, &c., bequeathed by Edmund Grindal), two in ‘80. c. 6’ (Peter Martyr, Zürich n. d., bequeathed by Edmund Grindal); two leaves in New Coll., MS 363, fols. 129–30, taken from V. 32. 1 (A. de Ubaldis, &c., Milan 1508, &c.; four leaves in Glasgow University Libr., Bm. 8. d. 5 (Magdeburg Centuriators, Basel 1559); one fragm. in York Minster, 5 (ii). Q. 19 (J. Eckius, Cologne 1567, belonged to Toby Mathew).

Record Sources

R. M. Thomson, A descriptive catalogue of the medieval manuscripts of Merton College, Oxford (Cambridge: D. S. Brewer), 2009.

Availability

For enquiries relating to this manuscript please contact Merton College Library.

Bibliography

    Ker, Pastedowns, nos 1225, 1432, 1667, 1678, 1692, 1966.

Funding of Cataloguing

Conversion of the printed catalogue to TEI funded by the Warden and Fellows of Merton College .

Last Substantive Revision

2020-01-07: First online publication