MS. Bodl. 516
Summary Catalogue no.: 2570
Provenance and Acquisition
Salisbury, Wiltshire, Cathedral church of St Mary the Virgin; see removed from Sherborne in 1078: 'Magiser Henricus de la Wyle quondam cancellarius Sarisburiensis [1313--1329] legavit istum librum eidem ecclesie. precium. xx. s.', but this inscriptiotion refers not to Bodley 516 but to a Breviarium de evangeliis et epistolis the flyleaf of which has been used in binding. 'Liber bibliothecae Sarisburiensis 6'. (MLGB3: evidence from binding or elements of a binding typical of a particular library, or pastedowns bearing evidence of provenance).
Bodley 516, 698, 756, 765, 768, 835 belonged to Salisbury cathedral in s. xvii in. Medieval binding. Chainmark at foot of 1st cover in centre. (MLGB3)
Last Substantive Revision
2021-12-14: Add provenance information from MLGB3.