MS. Bodl. 684
Summary Catalogue no.: 2498
Provenance and Acquisition
Windsor, Berkshire, Royal collegiate chapel of St George: 'Orate pro anima reuerendi in Christo patris domini Iohannis Marschull nuper Landauensis episcopi et canonici istius Collegii qui hunc librum dedit ad communem vtilitatem hic studentium', c. 1500, on label covered by tale and affixed to the front cover of the 17th-cent. Oxford binding. 'Constabat doctori Marshall episcopo Landavensi quondam hic canoncio qui contulit hunc librum Collegio de Wyndesore. Qui alienaverit anathema sit Amen (s. xvi, on flyleaf at end). No sign of original chain mark. (MLGB3: evidence from an ex-libris inscription or note of gift to an institution).
John Marshall was bp. of Llandaff 1478--1496. He gave 2 and bequeathed 8 books to Merton College (v. Powicke, Medieval books of Merton Coll., pp. 219, 222). Not certainly part of the Windsor gift in 1612. (MLGB3)
Last Substantive Revision
2021-12-14: Add provenance information from MLGB3.