MS. Broxb. 89.5
Summary Catalogue no.: Not in SC (late accession)
Former shelfmark: Broxbourne ledger no. R 1151
2 cols., c. 34-42 lines, column space 160-75 × 50 mm.
Limp parchment binding, 15th century.
Provenance and Acquisition
‘Expliciunt sermones domini conradi de ebroco sacre theoloye[sic] professoris Anno Anno[sic] domini mo ccco
xvio ’ (fol. 87v)
Charterhouse of St. Barbara, Cologne (on which see Richard Bruce Marks, The Library of the Charterhouse of St. Barbara in Cologne (Analencta Cartusiana, 21-22), Salzburg, 1974, this MS. listed as no. 00 138 on p. 430, and as current location '?' on p. 448).
Leander van Ess (1772-1847) (on whom see Hermann Knaus, 'Die Handschriften des Leander van Eß', Archiv für Geschichte des Buchwesens, vol. 1 (pts. 3/4, 1956), 1958, 331-6, and Milton McC. Gatch, ed., 'so precious a foundation': The Library of Leander van Ess at the Burke Library of Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York, New York, 1996).
Sir Thomas Phillipps, MS. 462.
Presented to the Bodleian by his son, John Ehrman, in 1978 through the Friends of the National Libraries.
Last Substantive Revision
2019-08-08: Description revised with reference to Watson.