MS. Canon. Ital. 287
Summary Catalogue no.: 20339
15th century, Italian (as MS., 1447, from the Benedictine nunnery of S. Croce, Giudecca, Venice): wood boards; reddish-brown leather, blind-tooled with quadruple or triple lines linking 4+1 domed bosses (some extant) to form four panels on each cover; two fore-edge clasps, originally with brown leather straps (lower lost, upper replaced with red textile but retaining a brass tip cast with the word ‘aue’) running to brass catch-plates, each cast with ‘aue’ below letter ‘S’; four nail holes at top centre of back cover, for a lost label-holder. 320 × 219–220 × c. 48 mm. (book closed).
Last Substantive Revision
2020-07-21: Binding description added.