MS. Canon. Liturg. 293
Summary Catalogue no.: 19392
15th century, c. 1428 or after, Dalmatian coast: wood boards, left bare, slightly polished; spine formerly of red leather (later replaced), stretched about one third across each board, no signs of fixing nails; remains of a single broad central fore-edge strap of red tawed leather, nailed into a slot at front board and running to a lost catch-plate at the back; edges plain; paste-downs and conjoint flyleaves from a large Latin canon-law manuscript, 14th century, Italian (Constitutiones Clementinae, Bk. V). Spine replaced with light brown leather, late 19th century, Bodleian. 185–189 × 135 × c. 33–35 mm. (book closed).
The binding of this early 15th-century Italian(?) manuscript incorporates at the end (fols. 102–110) a table and index added 1428 by a Croatian Franciscan at Bribir on the Dalmatian coast; with a later owner from Split.
Last Substantive Revision
2020-08-20: Binding description added.