MS. Digby 13
Summary Catalogue no.: 1614
Good border on fol. 1 added, 13th century, end, to MS. of the 12th century. (Pächt and Alexander iii. 485)
Provenance and Acquisition
Canterbury, Kent, Benedictine cathedral priory of Holy Trinity or Christ Church (?) : Mark "GE" at top right corner of fol. 1r. Later at Dover, q. v. (MLGB3: inferred evidence).
Dover, Kent, Kent, Benedictine priory of St Mary the Virgin and St Martin; cell of Canterbury cathedral priory: script of fols. 23-39 suits Christ Church Canterbury. Farm accounts (s. xiii: ? Dover) on flyleaves at end. Epitaph of William, prior of Dover, ? de Dovoria (or de Staunford), prior 1229-35. ‘9J. IIII Lapidarius Monachorum ... muscis expositum corpus ... 93 ... 3’ (at foot of fol. 3r, of which "muscis expositum corpus" are the opening words). ‘: 9J : IIII :’ (on flyleaf (fol. iii verso) above table of contents. Medieval catalogue, BM1.415 (MLGB3: inferred evidence).
Donated to the Bodleian, 1634.
Last Substantive Revision
2021-12-14: Add provenance information from MLGB3.