MS. Germ. d. 4
Summary Catalogue no.: Not in SC (late accession)
German translation, as pr. Augsburg, 1472 (Proctor 1530), ends imperf. in the last chapter, the missing portion being supplied by a tracing made from another MS.
2 cols., 29-36 written lines per page, the first line sometimes above and sometimes below the top of the frame ruling
Plain red initials.
Contemporary binding: sewn on three double cords and bound in wood boards covered with red-stained leather; five bosses on each cover now missing, as are a pair of clasps and straps (fastening bottom to top) at the fore-edge; the edges of the boards with the remains of metal re-inforcements; the spine with an old paper label inscribed in ink, now mostly covered by a Bodleian label
Provenance and Acquisition
Unidentified German owners, with inscriptions in Latin and German on the upper pastedown, on a sheet of paper attached to it, and the inserted leaf fol. 91, the latter apparently recording the MS.'s purchase in Dresden in 1891.
Bought by the Bodleian in 1936.