MS. Auct. F. 2. 19
Summary Catalogue no.: 2172
In five books (see fols. 37v, 57, 82, 106v)
Humanistic script with epigraphic capitals.
Fine initials. (Pächt and Alexander ii. 618, pl. LX)
Stamped leather on pasteboard (English work, late 17th cent.) over older sewing, with 16th cent. English panels let into sides.
Provenance and Acquisition
Apparently owned late in the 15th cent. by 'dominus doctor Garsia Petri' (note on fol. ii, and 'Nomina nimpharum' on fol. 139)
John Tiptoft, -1470: annotation on fol. 50 (D. Rundle, The Renaissance Reform of the Book and Britain (2019), 223 no. 13).
Owned in the 16th cent. by 'Thomas Burgys'.
Presented by Thomas Randal in 1602. 'Dec. 13. 1708. Codicem hunc cum Editione Cantabrigiensi per Davisium contuli. Tho. Hearne.'
Digital Bodleian (7 images from 35mm slides)
Last Substantive Revision
2021-01-05: Description revised to incorporate all information in SC.