Hannapes, Nicolas de, 1225?–1291
- External links:
- Author of:
- MS. Bodl. 17 — c. 1400; English
- MS. Bodl. 107 — 14th century, late; English
- MS. Canon. Misc. 130 — 14th century
- MS. Canon. Misc. 270 — 15th century, beginning
- MS. Laud Misc. 574 — 1321; France, Paris. The colophon on fol. 105ra indicates that the book was completed in 1321 (a date which is palaeographically acceptable) and corrected on 2 January of the following year. Another Hanapis manuscript, however, which appears to have been produced along with this copy, Troyes, BM, Ms. 1360, has exactly the same colophon on fol. 182r (for a discussion, see J. Destrez & G. Fink-Errera, ‘Des manuscrits apparemment datés’, Scriptorium 12 (1958), 56–93, at pp. 78–83). It appears likely that the date of completion actually refers to the exemplar of both books, and that it was copied mechanically; hence the dating ‘c.1321’.
The above references reflect only the current coverage of the online catalogue and may not be comprehensive.