MS. e Mus. 93
Summary Catalogue no.: 3632
Provenance and Acquisition
Brecon, Brecknockshire, Benedictine priory of St John the Evangelist: Hereford P.v.1 and Bodl. e Mus. 93 formed one volume, earlier probably at Battle (above). Sir John Prise found it 'in Brechonia Demetarum . . . urbe . . . ex coenobio Monachorum, quod ibidem erat Benedictini, quem vocant, ordine desumptum' (J. Prise, Historiae Brytanniae Defensio, 1573, p. 114). (MLGB3: inferred evidence).
Sir John Prise (d. 1555). e Mus. 93 belonged to Silas Taylor in 1658, for whose dealings with Hereford library see Wood, Athenae, 3. 1175. It formed part of the Hereford MS in s. xvi (see Cambridge, CCC MS 101, pp. 132-133). (MLGB3)
This manuscript is on loan for the exhibition Die Normannen / The Normans (Reiss-Engelhorn-Museen Mannheim) from 18 Sept. 2022 to 26 Feb. 2023. It cannot be ordered between those dates or for a short period before and after.
Last Substantive Revision
2021-12-14: Add provenance information from MLGB3.